Monday 12 October 2009

Advert Attempts

When I tried to do practise pictures of the background the lighting wasn't very good, I tried to take pictures of dawn and sunset to get the right lighting but at dawn the sky just steadily became lighter until the sun appeared which wasn't the effect I was looking for. At sunset (above) the setting sun wasn't big enough to create the light I needed for the shot, the colours were also too different from the rising sun so the effect of dawn was ruined. Norwich doesn't have the best light at dawn because the sky is often overcast. The best plan would be to either use a picture of a dawn from the internet that has better lighting conditions or to use a spotlight/floodlight to create the sunrise and add the colours in later.
I tried various lights to try and make the desired effect but most of the pictures turned out like the one above. Sunrises are generally a line of dark and the light from the sun makes a half circle and shines light upwards and to the left and right to create a halo around the rising sun. The light in the picture doesn't do that in the right direction or as far out as it would in picture with a actual sunrise. I don't think the light in this picture would create a big enough silhouette to be seen properly. The best plan would be to use a sunrise from a picture in another country such as from a mountain top becuase it would show the light properly in the way I want it. I tried to do a mock up of the silhouette with the light in the background but the light wasn't strong enough to make the silhouette and the light went either side of the model and lit up other parts of the room which was not how I wanted the picture to turn out. Artificial lighting didn't seem to work very well for the picture, the lighting wasn't bright enough to create the desired seen. I will try to make the right effect using a different light and background to try and make the light go the way I want.
I tried to have two walls close together to see if that helped with the lighting behind the model. The light bounced off the walls and illuminated them which ruined the effect of the sunrise. I tried various lights behind the model and different backgrounds to make a sunrise effect but I couldn't get enough light to make it look realistic. I think that using a sunrise already pictured to make the advert background would be the best option because it is very difficult to get the right amount of light artifically without using hig powered spotlights. Highpowered spotlights still may not make the amount of light because they are highly focused and the light would drown the model and may even shine past her and ruin the picture. Using a sunrise would be the best option and super-imposing a silhouette would make the effect better than a real life model with a real sunrise because the lighting would be brighter from a picture with the model added rather than being in the picture to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment